CUTENESS OVERLOAD! - ALPACAS FARM

04:30:00

I'm not really an animal person, not because I don't like them, it's more like I'm scared of them. The only animal interaction I'd really love to try is horse riding, haha. But last week, when my sister and her family came to Sheffield, we went to Mayfield Alpacas Farm, located on the outskirt of Sheffield (just 15 minutes drive from where I live). 

It was a beautiful, bright, sunny day, but very very windy, and was very cold too. There was a visitor centre and a coffee shop, where you pay for the entrance fee (adult £3.50, children under the age of 3 is free, and between 3 - 13 is £1.50). Inside, there are also other small animals that you can see such as meerkats, chipmunks and some exotic birds. To go and see the alpacas, you can also feed them and the store sells their food for 50p a bag. When you go outside, you are free to roam around, at your own time and see the alpacas and other animals including horses, pigs, goats and sheep and even reindeers!



  Yup, I may have looked all happy and laughing in this photo, but the reality is, I was holding back the ticklish feeling of its tough and teeth touching my hand, and being scared of how the alpaca might bite my hand, haha (dramatic I know).

Waiting patiently for Fizal to feed them.  :)

So like I said, as you walk around the farm, you'll see some other animals too... 



The question raised about how there were grass everywhere inside the fence, but this goat feels like grass is greener on the other side, hehe.

 The view along the walk was spectacular...

 Therefore calls for some photos...

 More alpacas feeding!

 They're so cute!




And finally, a group photo!

This farm is definitely worth a visit, especially with children (in fact, even without children). It was a fun experience and I'd recommend you get out into the countryside, take a break from your hectic everyday life and interact with nature once a while. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe