ROAD TRIP DOWN SOUTH: SEVEN SISTERS COUNTRY PARK, BRIGHTON & DURDLE DOOR

15:42:00

My sister and her family came over from Malaysia last week (well, they were in Amsterdam and Paris before they landed here in the UK). We had made plans for a trip down south. While most of the places in our original itinerary went according to plan, some didn't due to unfortunate circumstances and time constraint.

While they stayed in Sheffield, we went to Manchester, and went around our old neighbourhood in Cheetham Hill and stopped by our old high school (Abraham Moss High School), which was almost 20 years ago - good old times. We also went around Peak District and to Mayfield Alpacas Farm, which I wrote a post about here. That weekend, we drove down through Cambridge, and went to several places that we had planned on the south coast of the UK...

Seven Sisters Country Park

So my sister came, and we went to the Seven Sisters cliff (ok, kinda lame, haha). But I've actually always wanted to come here. I remember when I was an intern at a landscape firm in Malaysia, I was working on a golf course design thing, so I was Googling some photos and came across this - Beachy Head. I was mesmerised and how beautiful it was and since then, it has been in my destination bucket-list since I arrived in the UK.






Don't be deceived by the nice blue sky, it was actually very windy. We just parked and walked up to the cliff and took some photos. We didn't stay for long since we had other places to reach by the end of the day (and my nephew was sleeping in the car, so we didn't want to wake him up - we took turns to go out and take some photos. haha).

I wish there was more time for us to enjoy this view, but oh well...

Brighton

We then drove to Brighton, and had lunch at a Turkish Restaurant there. I have always wanted to visit Brighton because I've heard so much about Brighton being one of the liveliest cities in the UK and how it's very much festive especially in summer. I wanted to walk around the North Laine and see the cute little cafes they have along the lanes, and sit on the pebbles at the beach with Brighton Pier in the view at sunset. Nonetheless, we walked along the beach and the pier. It was full of ice cream shops and cafes and some other treats. The weather wasn't so nice while we were there, it was in fact cold and windy despite being in the middle of May. Oh and by the way, we also didn't get to see the Brighton Ferris Wheel, bummer!









I hope I'd get another chance to visit Brighton when we're not in such a hurry, next summer perhaps?

Durdle Door

The next day, we drove to Durdle Door, which is basically a natural limestone in the shape of a magnificent arch. Durdle Door is a part of the Lulworth Estate and Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site. You can also access the Lulworth Cove from here, just follow the signage.




The beach is accessible via some steps with surrounded by hillsides and cliffs.


A group photo!

Here's what we actually came for, the Durdle Door arch.



There were many people just resting and enjoying the beach, yeah, in that grey and cloudy atmosphere. My nephew was one of them, he was so caught in playing with the pebbled sand and didn't want to leave!


A family photo with a view... (see that angry eyes of him? haha). 

...overlooking the Man of War beach.

Arlington

We also drove to Arlington to see some bluebells, which was at their best bloom at the time, and Arlington Bluebell Walk was one of the best, so I've read. I will write a post specifically about that later with more photos that will mesmerise you. But for the time being, here's a sneak peek - just look at how vibrant and an admiration this piece of landscape is!

More photos coming up soon!

Until then!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe