GOODBYE (FOR NOW) YA RAMADHAN

06:34:00





This year's Ramadhan has been a roller coaster ride for me. It's been very meaningful but VERY emotional at the same time. 

In Malaysia, we've been nurtured that Eid is the celebration. So everybody is looking forward to celebrating Eid. At the start of Ramadhan, people are already filling up their weekends with shopping for new raya clothes, selling their home-made raya cookies etc. Ramadhan is filled with flashing in social media what you had for iftar, your iftar buffets at hotels and posh restaurants, if your food was pretty enough (read: Instagramable) to share it with the public via Instagram. And I'm not saying this is totally wrong and I admit that I do them too sometimes. But my point is, are we taking advantage of Ramadhan like how we should be? Are me making the most of it?

For some reason, this year feels extra special for me. I really felt it. I feel really sad and reluctant to say goodbye to Ramadhan. I genuinely feel my heart is heavy as we are coming into the last 10 days of Ramadhan. The fact this is the special month, the opportunity month that we should try to get closer to Allah s.w.t.; the month of ibadah; the month to repair and clean the mind and the soul; the month of trials; the month of happiness and many more (whatever you want to define Ramadhan in your term), but it's slipping away now, so fast you don't even realise. 

I pray that Allah s.w.t. gives us the chance to meet Ramadhan again next year and provide us more chance to better prepare ourselves before it comes. To enhance ourselves in humanity, spirituality and faith; to be a better Muslim, if not a better person - a better you than you were previously. InsyaAllah. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe