REMINISCENT

18:07:00

Have you ever missed the past so much that it upsets you because you can't do anything about it?
No? Just me? OK. haha.

I would say I've had a great childhood and life history and I'm grateful for everything that has been given/happened to me. I know not everything that happened may be good things, but you can always find good things in everything that happened. As cliche as it may sound, I believe in that saying deeply.

I love every stages of my life, and call me sentimental, but I often look back at the things that happened in my life and smile whenever I remember my childhood memories, high-school years, university, and previous work life; all of which involves different people at different times. Some of these people that I met along the way may not be in my life anymore, and that's how life works really. You meet people, they shape you to being who you are now, and they leave. They were somewhat destined to meet you, give you other insights in life and leave you to handle it by yourself.

For example, I've had really really close friends back in university but since we graduated, we parted our own ways and don't talk or meet that often anymore. I really miss them and the fun moments we had together, but life goes on, we move on. As much as I want to meet back with them and talk about all the things that we used to do, some of us may not have time for it, or too far away, or just some other reasons that won't allow it. I've had people whom I met and became acquaintance for a short period of time in my life, taught me many things in life, helped me a lot through hard times, and then suddenly they disappear from the picture, leaving only memories and lessons. As sad as it may sound, I never regretted any of these as they became my guide to choosing from the options that I had at the moment. I look back at the memories I had with my beloved mom (Allah s.w.t. bless her soul) and I miss her so dearly to a point that it irritates me because I'm scared I might forget how she looks like, feels like, her voice, her jokes, her laughter, her nagging, and knowing that I will never feel/hear them again sickens me. But then again, because of the beautiful memories that I've had with her, it cures the pain and I'm able to close my eyes at night again.

While on the other hand, a significant bunch of people that I met along my life journey remains, and have become my really good friends, best friends and loved ones, and I plan to keep it that way. :)

Anyhow, the purpose of this post is to remind myself to seize the present moment, be kind to the people that are in my life right now, do the things I want while I'm healthy, go to places I dream of if I can afford it. It's really about how you live and manage your life to make yourself happy. Don't take anyone or anything for granted and make sure your life brings plenty of smiles when you look back at it.

This is it for this emotional post. haha. Until then.

Here's a beautiful sight of sunrise one morning from my window. :)

#random

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe