WEEKEND WALK: CASTLETON, DARBYSHIRE

12:42:00

I used to go to the Peak District a lot for some nice walks or hikes but now, I don't really have the time anymore (and apparently, neither do I have that much energy and stamina too, sigh). We're very lucky to be living in Sheffield where we have very easy access to beautiful nature surrounding us. Fizal and I thought we needed to go somewhere close to nature and breathe some fresh air - not that Sheffield's air is polluted, haha - but we just wanted to see some greenery after months of doing my PhD data collection every day (irony huh, I wanted to see some greenery when I literally work with plants and deal with them every single day). 

We decided to go to Castleton, and hike up the limestone cliffs in between Winnats Pass because the view is pretty amazing from up there...

The hike in the beginning was really steep. I haven't done a lot (if any) hike in recent years, so my stamina was so poor! We had to stop so many times for me to catch my breaths it was exhausting! 

I've actually been here before, a couple of years back but at the time I was quite fit (hahaha I can't believe I just said that about myself!) so I could climb this hill easily and reached the top in no time...sigh...and I'm not even 30 yet! (see my previous post on Peak District walks here). 

But all the lost of breaths and sweat was so worth it when you have this view in front of you... The cool wind was refreshing, making the moment more worthwhile. 

Seizing the moment.



"It looks like something out of Game of Thrones" says a fan. haha. 




 We chose this spot to eat our sandwich and some snacks. It was windy and the sun was out - a beautiful day indeed.


We then walked along the road that we saw from above where we had our lunch. For those of you who aren't very keen on steep hill walking, this is another alternative route - the view was as stunning.



 And then towards the end, a picture-perfect panorama came in view...


We had a really good time. It only took us half a day, and we got a bit of sweat out, some spectacular views and a calm mind after we've spent some time in nature. Fizal even said that he feels like going on this kind of walk every week - yup, he enjoyed it that much! Can't wait to explore other walks in the peaks!

Until then!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe