OF POPPY FIELD AND STRAWBERRIES

16:14:00


I really haven't been out of Sheffield much lately, well, in the past year - partly because I was pregnant, and then had a baby, and also partly because I was really busy finishing my thesis (which I've submitted, woohoo!). The summer's been pretty hot this year (thanks global warming, sarcastically), and the poppies around my neighbourhood were growing vibrantly and keeps calling out to me. We've already tried finding a poppy field in previous years but have not had good luck with it. So this year, determined, we tried again. (I don't know why, but I have this thing with flower fields :p).

So a couple of days ago, we rented a car, drove out to Baslow in Derbyshire near Peak District to get to the poppy field in Baslow and Bubnell. Unfortunately, it was raining that morning, so we took a detour to Manchester for lunch. We then drove our way back and went to a Pick-Your-Own (PYO) fruit picking farm in Dronfield. However, we arrived only half an hour before the farm closes for the day, so we literally had about 20 mins or less to fill our punnets with strawberries. 





Introducing strawberries to Baby Maryam :)

There was literally no one else in the farm, haha.
.
.
.
.

After that, we drove back to Baslow and Bubnell for the poppies. The clouds had cleared out and the blue sky against the red poppies exhibited such a majestic view.

The poppy field was beyond my imagination. It was stunningly beautiful! 

Look at how magnificent the view is...

And more...

From every angle...

A family photo is a must!

Love!

With bubs. :)

 :p

Intrigued. 


One with the group. :D

 And of us goofing around. :p



We spent some time taking photos, and really, the photos couldn't do justice to the actual view. I feel like I could stay there for hours and just enjoy the tranquility of the sound of nature and the view if it wasn't so hot and my face wasn't burning.

And then there's me shamelessly posing for you. haha. :p

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe