DEAR BABY MARYAM

01:48:00

Dear Maryam,
I remember the days when we used to pray for your existence,
And now that you've come into our lives, 
You are everything and exactly what we prayed for, 
A beautiful girl, such a sweet heart, who brings love and joy into mama and daddy's lives.

You make our lives hundred times more cheerful,
Even that is an understatement.
Daddy kisses you everyday for more than 20 times, 
Says he couldn't help it, you're too adorable. 
He changes your nappy and tells you he loves you countless times throughout your life.
Even when you'd poo and pee right after a new clean nappy,
And we'd just laugh it out, saying that you are so cute. 

Mama couldn't stand to see you cry and always want to cuddle you to make sure you feel safe in my arms, 
I would always stare at your beautiful face while you were sleeping and say my Alhamdulillah,
To The Most Gracious and the Provider Allah swt,
For lending you into our lives and granting our prayers.

I love how your tiny fist would grab onto my finger while you feed,
And right after, you would smile like the world is yours,
Your smile is the most beautiful smile I have ever seen,
And I love how your hands always fly around in the air,
And how you always make funny faces using that tiny lips on yours,
And those beautiful glittery eyes that would shine and light up our world,
I fell in love with you the moment you came out of me, 
Greeting at the whole world.

Maryam, 
Even before you were born, you were so loved by many,
You received many prayers, warm wishes and gifts from lots of aunties and uncles,
A lot of people wanted to see you when you arrived,
Be it through photos, or asking if they can come over to meet the little one,
Your grandparents were so excited about you even before they met you,
Your grandmother (my mother) would have been happy to see you if she was still here with us,
Because you look just like me when I was little,
I guess it could be your reminder of me when I'm no longer around.

Dear Maryam,
I have nothing to offer you except the doa of a mother,
Which your existence turned me into,
For the doa of a mother is a powerful one,
I pray that you are always under the protection of Allah swt,
Be in the right path that leads yourself and us into Jannah. 

I am writing this as you are sleeping beside me,
I miss you even when you're around. 
Remember Maryam, be kind to people, and spread love and happiness to the people around you,
So that people treat you nicely and are happy with your presence,
Like how we are with yours.


Lots of love, mama.
Sheffield, UK | 2019

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe