HIGHLIGHTS OF 2018

08:13:00

JANUARY

GRANADA, SPAIN WITH FAMILY

I was sort of in a bit of a rut during the past month or so, so I wasn't feeling my best and was feeling a little homesick. Well, Allah swt knows best and he sent my family over here during the perfect timing. We made some trips within the UK and then went off to Spain. I had always wanted to bring my dad on a holiday, you know, as a thank-you-for-everything kinda trip, but have never really been able to afford to pay the full holiday yet, haha, so I organised the trip and chipped in on what I could. :p


Us with the view of the Alhambra Palace in the background.

I gotta say, Spain has never really made it into my bucket list, but I somehow enjoyed it so much! We went to Granada and it was remarkably beautiful! We also snuck in a day trip to Mount Sierra Nevada, though we didn't do any snow activities, we enjoyed the cold mountain breeze, the snow and colourful skiers against the white background view.
More on my trip to Spain here.

MARCH

FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT

This was a very shocking new to Fizal and I, but of course, the best unexpected news ever! I would say that my pregnancy journey had been smooth, Alhamdulillah. I didn't have any morning sickness (hence why it was very unexpected) and I wasn't really craving for anything - well, except keropok lekor (but then again, I've always loved keropok lekor and it was unable to be identified whether it was pregnancy craving or just 'Hannah's normal craving', hahaha). We went for our routine appointment at University Health Service at the University of Sheffield and scans at Jessop Wing Hospital, Sheffield. Everything went well, Alhamdulillah. 



JUNE

EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND

Went for a short trip to Edinburgh with a few friends. We rented a car and drove up north. It was a refreshing couple of days, and I guess you could call it our 'summer holiday', since I never really went anywhere else since we found out I was pregnant (and was also busy with PhD stuff). We had a great time just leisurely walking through the city, had coffees at some nice cafés, went to the street markets, (and also into some cool Harry Potter shops!), had some nice food with a nice group of friends. You know what they say, its not about where you travel to, but who you travel with!

In front of Edinburgh Castle.

JULY

FOUND OUT BABY'S GENDER

I never really minded whether the baby was a boy or a girl, but we were so excited to find out the gender so we can buy some baby clothes already! And yes, it was a girl! We were ecstatic and more importantly she was healthy! And obviously, we started hunting for cute baby girls clothing! (and now she has toooo many clothes! (-.-)


NOVEMBER

BABY MARYAM'S ARRIVAL

Aw, look at those tiny little hands!

The biggest highlight of the year, and probably my life too - where Allah swt has granted what we prayed for; a beautiful, well and healthy baby MashaAllah. The delivery went smoothly too and I was in labour for only about 2 hours I think. Maryam was born in Jessop Wing Hospital, Sheffield, and the feeling was indescribable. And with that, 2018 ended with me becoming a mother :')

We didn't go for many trips this year like we had in previous years, but this the journey of our lifetime. One we look forward to very much, and so far, it's been amazing. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe