MY GRADUATION CEREMONY 2022 | UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD

09:46:00

Alhamdulillah, the world is slowly getting back to normal as we are transitioning into an endemic with Covid-19. My graduation ceremony, which was supposed to be held in summer of 2020 had been postponed to March 2022, and here we are, back in Sheffield for this very occasion. :)

To be honest, I was having mixed feeling about this graduation ceremony - partly because it seems surreal (and super exciting) to be back in the UK after all the travel restrictions we had to endure for 2 years, and also because it feels like I had 'graduated' from student life 2 years ago, just not officially, if you get what I mean. It's just a complicated feeling, haha. So it felt kind weird to be attending my graduation now, without the presence of my other PhD pals who weren't able to attend, as most have already moved on with their lives elsewhere, outside of Sheffield. Nonetheless, it was really nice to be back in Sheffield, to observe the familiar routine as as student at the University of Sheffield again. :')

First decent shot with the robe. I had just gotten it and asked my sister to snap a shot just beside the Student's Union :)

In front of the Student's Union.

With one of my PhD colleagues and my good friend, Lauriane Suyin.


:')


With Frankie and Lauriane Suyin

My sister, who joined me in the graduation hall of The Octagon Centre, UoS.

Family photo :)


My support system from the beginning of this journey <3




This award is dedicated to my parents - unfortunately my dad was not able to join us in Sheffield but he watched the live streaming of the event and he was 'as happy as he would be in the hall with me'. Thank you Ayah, for everything <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe